- I understand that riding at any standard has inherent risk and that all horses may react unpredictably on occasions. – I may fall off and could be injured. I accept that risk.
- I understand that instructions are given for my safety and agree to follow instructions given to me by staff and instructors of the riding school.
- I understand that wearing an appropriate riding hat and body protector may reduce the severity of an injury should an accident happen and agree that I will always wear a riding hat that meets current British Standards whilst riding, leading and grooming horses at the riding school. I understand it is my choice whether or not I wear a body protector.
- I understand that the riding school will make decisions based on information I give them and agree to always be honest and volunteer information about:
- I understand that children are at particular risk around horses and agree that I will keep children that I am responsible for, under close supervision when they are not being instructed by the riding school.
- I understand that the riding school may refuse my request to ride for safety or operational reasons.
- I understand that competing carries enhanced risk over and above general riding and agree that if I chose to participate in any competition or event, it is up to me to ensure that I have the experience and ability to ride the course including any jumps which form part of it. If I am in any doubt, I will use my judgment and experience and not enter.
1. my abilities and riding experience
2. any previous riding accidents
3. any medical condition(s) which may affect my ability to ride