PEC works closely with schools and youth groups to provide both equine and non- equine programmes. These groups are led by Steve who joined PEC in September 2014. After 33 years in education( the last 15 years as Headmaster) in both in the UK and Internationally, he saw an amazing opportunity to get young people involved in the outdoors, and so took early retirement from a very successful position. Steve has a great passion for setting up experiences outside the classroom that have that ‘awe and wonder’ effect on children.
Schools are currently booking weekly slots by the term and enjoying many varying aspects such as:
- stable management and riding,
- work on the farm, such as fencing and pasture management.
- ‘Nature detectives’ making great use of the woods and streams on the farm
- School team building and leadership
- School Council – planning events for the year
- Fun enrichment events
PEC can tailor programmes to complement and enhance any aspect of the National Curriculum or individual schools schemes of work. Please contact Steve to discuss your requirements.